Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fun with Fondant

Making fondant cakes is a really fun thing to do. I love its smooth look finish. I just love how cakes could look good, smell good, and taste good.  It even seems too nice to slice or too cute to eat. Lol! Fondant is an edible icing that looks quite like a play-doh. It's like a clay where you can be able to cut and mold a lot of figures. Here's the cake I've made for my son's 3rd birthday this year.




A couple of days after my son's birthday, my brother asked me if I could make a birthday cake for his girlfriend. I immediately thought of a nursing-related cake and so I've come up with the cake below.


I always try to make a fondant cake an all-edible dessert, by the way. The only things that may not be eaten are the supports I've inserted either into the cake or into the fondant cake topper like toothpicks or drinking straws. :)

No comments: