Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Cake I Could Make



I love cakes even when I was just a little girl. I love how a single cake can make an occasion extra special. My mom always bake a chocolate cake for family gatherings and still bakes them even when she has already bought a birthday cake for me or for my brother.  I never actually thought that I would become interested in baking or cake decorating. It seemed quite a lot of work. But my mind changed last year after watching an episode of Ace of Cakes. The people there looked like they were having a lot of fun even when they're so busy finishing a huge viking ship cake. I couldn't believe that sculpted cakes were really possible or maybe I just wasn't that updated about cakes these days. That was also my first time to encounter a cake made with fondant. After watching the said episode, I started searching for fondant cakes online and tutorials on how they were made. I've found a lot of fondant cakes online in different shapes and sizes. Wow! They all looked pretty amazing! Thankfully, I've found videos on how to make fondant and decided to make my very first fondant cake on my 24th birthday (the image on top). After making my first fondant covered cake, I got kinda hooked into making more. I asked my closest friends, my family, and my in-laws if I could make them a cake for their birthdays. Of course,   the cakes were free since I just wanted to practice on how to create different designs and learn more from it. Below are photos of the cakes I've made for them. :)

 For my friend, Katrina ;;)
 For my husband's grandmother, Maday ;;)
 For my friend, Jeline ;;)


I realized that once you like what you're doing, it wouldn't be so exhausting after all. ;)

No comments: