Sunday, November 6, 2011

Getting Busy with a Hobby

I started this blog a long time ago but wasn't able to update because I was quite busy with something else. I've deleted my previous entries to make way for a fresh start. Now, I will be sharing here in my blog the things that keep me busy these days. Being a full-time mom is a tough job but seeing your kid grow up is really something special. I am happy that I have this opportunity to be with my son every single day and I'm happier that I'd get to see him reach his milestones. But there is still something that seems to be missing that gets me bored sometimes (or most of the time). To be honest, I also miss my old job working in a company. Meeting friends, having colleagues, exploring the city, and earning money to share with the family. So these must be the reasons why I am much more eager to learn new stuff. Doing some hobbies could be my new job. Recently, I've been busy baking cakes, cupcakes, and cookies for my family and friends. And I also got to decorate them, so somehow I felt that my designing skills were still here in me. After I resigned from my old job, I actually had this idea that my brain and skills might eventually get rusty and that it would leave me with nothing. If there is nothing to boost my confidence, I would only end up as a plain woman with a low self-esteem. But then again, with my family and my husband's support, I was convinced that I can do things that I never did before. I started doing things as a hobby, those things that catch my interest. While getting myself into baking and decorating, I also tried making accessories out of polymer clay and some metal findings. Aside from those, I am still planning to get back at creating computer graphic stuff as well.  I will be taking pictures and share them here soon. :)

No comments: